Architecture and Design Library
The Architecture and Design Library is located on the far side of the atrium from the main entrance to the Te Aro campus building.
The Architecture and Design Library has the following facilities available for your use:
- A Group Study Room is available for use and must be booked through the Group study room booking page.
- The new books and journals displays are just inside the entrance to the Library.
- Two photocopiers are available by the student computing room.
- Research assistance and help with using the Library is available from the Service Point.
- A self-check-out machine is located near the Service Point.
- A Library teaching and Student Computing room containing 28 computers, one with a scanner attached, is available for student use and library classes.
- The University wireless network may be accessed throughout the library. Power points are available for plugging in laptops.
Access After Hours
After 5pm on weekdays, all day on weekends and public holidays, access to the Te Aro campus is restricted to students enrolled in Faculty of Architecture and Design courses.
See our opening hours for the year.
The Library's collection, selected to support the teaching and research of the Faculty, comprises roughly 35,000 books and 550 journal titles and a large collection of multimedia resources on architecture, design, and building science subjects.
New resources displays are on display at each Library, showcasing recent additions to our physical collections. These displays are changed weekly.
The Library now has the Vitra chairs collection on display. Check out these great miniature chairs, that are not only to scale but use the same materials as the originals. These can be viewed in the two library display cases. Closer viewings can be arranged.
Subject Librarians provide specialised research support to staff and students. Contact them to arrange a one on one session.
Address: 139 Vivian Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011