Recognising outstanding performance by Library staff
The acknowledgement of exceptional performance by Library staff supports the Library’s Strategy Map priorities to: provide ongoing opportunities for staff development and progression; encourage innovation and a culture of continuous improvement; develop transparent, accountable and effective management at all levels; and deliver effective internal Library staff communication.
Nominations for recognition may be made by any Victoria University staff member (including library staff) through a secure online form. Self-nominations are not accepted. Nominations can be made under the following categories:
Exceptional Service to Clients
- Delivers outstanding service to clients (internal or external to the Library) that positively impacts them, and which is over and above the normal expectations of the staff member’s role.
- Generates innovative and valuable ideas and which are used to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, programs, or services
- Identifies and implements creative ideas that significantly impact workflows within a team, group, or the wider library.
Commitment to Health and Safety
- Champions health and safety, risk management and emergency planning within the workplace
- Contributes to improving Library Health & Safety and Emergency Planning ‘education culture’ rather than compliance.
Management and Leadership
- Demonstrates significant contributions to the Library’s strategic goals, to team or project leadership, or to the wider library profession
- Significantly contributes to, or influences, morale, motivation and/or collegiality within the Library.
If you are a University staff member, and would like to nominate a member of the Library’s staff or a group of staff, please submit a nomination through the following link.Library Staff Recognition Nomination Form