Architecture and Design Library
Book a study room at the Architecture & Design Library
or try HERE if you have any issues
There are 2 bookable study rooms in the Architecture and Design Library, Vivian Street.
The Architecture and Design Library is located on the far side of the atrium from the main entrance to the Te Aro campus building.
The Architecture and Design Library has the following facilities available for your use:
- 2 group study rooms are available for student use and can be booked through the Group study room booking page.
- New books and journals displays are just inside the entrance to the Library.
- Photocopiers/printers are available by the student computing room and opposite the staff workroom.
- Research assistance and help with using the Library is available from the staff service point near the Library entrance.
- A self-check-out machine is located near the service point.
- A Library teaching and student computing room containing 23 computers, is available for student use and booked library classes.
- The University wireless network may be accessed throughout the library. Power points are available for plugging in laptops.
Access After Hours
After 5pm on weekdays, all day on weekends and public holidays, access to the Te Aro campus is by swipe card access (for current students and staff).
See our opening hours for the year.
The Library's collection, selected to support the teaching and research of the Faculty, comprises roughly 35,000 books and 550 journal titles and a large collection of multimedia resources on architecture, design, and building science subjects.
New resources displays are on display at each Library, showcasing recent additions to our physical collections. These displays are changed weekly and items can be borrowed immediately.
The Library now has the Vitra chairs collection on display. Check out these great miniature chairs, that are not only to scale but use the same materials as the originals. These can be viewed in the two library display cases. Closer viewings can be arranged.
Subject Librarians provide specialised research support to staff and students. Contact them to arrange a one on one session.
Address: 139 Vivian Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011