Information for teaching staff
Please approach your Subject Librarian with any questions you may have. If you are a new staff member, your Subject Librarian will be happy to explain the Library's services to you. Services that may be of interest to you include:
Arrange a tailored session covering the following:
- Introduction to Library resources and services
- Library research skills (e.g. searching, identifying resources)
- Using specific resources (e.g. Te Waharoa, subject-specific databases)
- Referencing and citing (e.g. using Endnote, citation styles)
Tours can also be arranged to familiarise you and your class with the resources services provided by the Library.
- Creating and managing course reading lists in Talis Aspire
- Embedding Library research skills content in Blackboard
- Placing physical resources on short loan (Course Reserve) so that all students can gain access to them
- Recommend resources that we should purchase to support your teaching or to add to breadth and depth of the collection
New resource updates
Receive updates when new resources in your subject area are added to the collection.
Request a research consultation for you or your postgraduate students. It is an extended discussion with your Subject Librarian about the Library's resources that can support your teaching or research.
Use the eTV service to request a television programme recording for your teaching. See our Digital TV guide.
AV material for teaching
Library Academic Liaison Guidelines
Information about the role of Library Academic Liaisons and Faculty or School Library Liaison Committees and their relationship with the Library.