Would you like to request a renewal for your Interloan?
You can now request these through your Interloan account. See the How to request a renewal instructions below.
Making an Interloan Request
For all other users:
Check Te Waharoa to make sure the Library doesn't own the item. Use this service only if your item cannot be found in Te Waharoa.
- To place an Interloan Request please login here with your victoria username and password.
- Search for the item that you want.
- Choose Get it to place a request. The details of your request will automatically fill the request form.
- To Interloan a book chapter or journal article, fill in the part details.
- For books, select your pick-up location. If you are a Distance student select the 'Distance' pick-up location and the book will be posted to you.
- If you did not find what you are looking for, choose create request and fill in a blank request form.
- You can track your request by selecting My Requests.
By submitting this request you agree to use copies of material received through Interloan for private study/research only. Usage is governed by the Copyright Act 1994.
How to request a renewal for your Interloan
You can request renewals online through your Interloan account for some Interloans following the steps below.
If your Interloan is from an international Library (outside of New Zealand and Australia) please email Library-Interloans@vuw.ac.nz to request a renewal.
- Login to the Interloan service with your victoria username and password.
- Choose My Requests
- Find the Interloan you would like to renew.
- Choose Renew
If the Renew button is not available for your Interloan please email Library-Interloans@vuw.ac.nz to request a renewal.
- Your renewal request will go to the Library that supplied the Interloan. They will either approve the request and extend the due date, or decline the renewal.
- You will receive an email advising you on the outcome: either a new due date, or a message to say the Interloan could not be renewed. If the renewal is declined you will need to return the interloan by the original due date.
For more detailed instruction on how to navigate the Interloan system, please see our guides to Interloans:
The status of your request will change over time, from when it is received by the supplying library to the time when it is available for you to collect. A description of the statuses and what they mean can be found in the guide to interloans.
Standard interloans obtained within New Zealand usually arrive in 8–10 working days.
Urgent interloans (New Zealand only) usually arrive in 24–48 hours, weekends excluded.
Overseas interloans arrive in approximately 2–8 weeks depending on the location from where the item is being sent.
Further Interloan Information
There are no charges for standard (non-urgent) interloans sourced from within New Zealand.
Urgent Interloans have a charge of $20. Only New Zealand sourced items can be requested urgently.
Interloan charges (but not overdue fines) can be billed to a departmental account or research grant; please specify the account number when you submit your request.
Fines for Interloans
Overdue Interloans are charged at 15c per day, or $1.50 per day if they have been recalled. You can pay fines with Eftpos at Library Service points, or online using your credit card.
Feedback and Enquiries
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (04) 463 5693 if you have any questions or feedback about the interloan service.
If you are another Library wishing to make a request, please see Interloan Information for Requesting Libraries.